Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thanks for the concerns, but it's an ear infection

Thanks to all those who commented last and were concern.

I hate going to the doctor's office. You go on time but still have to wait to see the doctor.

Once you finally get called, you still have to wait.

Doctor diagnose me with an ear infection. She says my left ear is really red and prescribed some drops to put in it 3-4 times daily for 7 days.

Before that, I had lots of wax in both my ears. So I got my ears cleaned out, it was soooo nasty.

Doctor says to never use Q-TIPS to clean out ears. I've been doing that all these years.

I found step-by-step instruction on how to clean your ears occassionally

**Obtain an ear syringe and hydrogen peroxide, or ear wax removal kit, from a drug store. Or use a Bulb Syringe.

**Fill the ear syringe with room-temperature hydrogen peroxide or cleaning solution, 3% or 4% solution (dilute with water as needed).

**Tilt your head back and to the side, allowing the ear to face upward.

**Carefully insert the end of the syringe into the ear and squirt a few drops. You should hear (and feel) fizzing or popping. This sound is the hydrogen peroxide reacting with the wax.

**After the fizzing has stopped, tilt your head to allow the liquid to drain out into a tissue.

**Repeat the process for the other ear.

I have told my kids to stop using the Q-Tips. You should use it to clean your ears externally, but do not use it to enter the ear canal.

Can you believe all that wax buildup caused my ear infection, migraines, nasal congestion?

No comments: