Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting older means harder to lose weight

So I was having a discussion with Lily about people who we knew from high school. We both went to the same high school and re-connected with a lot of people via FaceBook. Some people were stick-skinny back in the days and now, we don't recognize them anymore.

It is the weight gain.

We talked about how a few people we know blame being "busy" contributed to their weight gain. So now, they are having a hard time losing weight and having health issues.

For me, I know I need to lose weight. However, I haven't gotten to a point where it's affecting me so much that I can't work out. Some people just don't wanna work out. Know what I mean?

Each and everyone of us are all busy. For whatever reasons that we will have. School, family, kids, etc.

What about the ones who don't have kids? What is their excuse? It's just that they don't make the effort to take care of themselves.

Some people wait until they are diagnosed with a condition before they attempt to be healthy.

One of my ex-coworkers had cancer in her throat. She stopped smoking after that. I wonder why?

I know it's easier said than done. I'm not saying it will be easy. However, if you want a change, do it. Just don't say you want to change. Action speaks louder than words.

This other ex-coworkers of mine is very overweight, now he's so overweight that he wants Gastric Bypass Surgery. This isn't an easy situation. I mean, some people think that having that surgery will help them lose weight. Yes, it does. But you have to change your eating habits. If you go right back to where you were, you will gain all that weight back again.

We make time for what we want to do in life. Simple as that. I am tired of feeling sorry for others. Especially those who do nothing to better themselves but make excuses for why they are in their situations.

No comments: