Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"After meeting your kids and seeing other kids, I don't want to have kids"

A month ago, I met up with my Persian friend. I haven't seen her in 3 years!

I missed her so much! She was the one who I would go watch a Bollywood film with and the one who I went to concerts with. We used to go eat Indian food together too. Ever since she started college, she had been really busy and didn't have time to hang out like she used to. But during those 3 years, I finally settled down in the house where I live now.

Over the past year, we've been trying to have lunch together. But it never happened. So finally one day, she called me and told me that we *will* have lunch together. We planned it two-weeks in advance.

When we finally met, it was soooo great to see her! I missed her. I brought my daughter with me too.

As we got our usual dishes from the buffet. She usually get chaat and samosa, while I get tandoori chicken and masala dosa.

We just updated each other on our lives. She will almost be done with college in a few months. I am so proud of her!

We heard this girl whining and crying loudly. She looked around 3- or 4-years old.

My friend gets annoyed easily with younger children. She said to me, "After meeting your kids and seeing other kids, I don't want to have kids"

What? I don't understand.

She corrected herself, "your kids are so good. I don't remember them complaining while we're out, crying, and whining. I want my kids to be good like yours."

Wow! Speechless.

We both promised to not let another 3 years go by without seeing each other.

No comments: