Monday, October 13, 2008

What Not to Wear

So it's Monday morning. I did study for an hour. Therefore, I went to bed around 2 am. I'm proud of myself. The lack of sleep didn't affect me much. I'm a bit sore from working out so hard especially the weight lifting. You know how it is when you get out of bed, soreness. But I'm okay now.

One of my favorite TV show is What Not to Wear. I love Clinton and Stacy. Sadly, I didn't know Clinton was in Atlanta to promote his latest book. Gosh, would've love to meet him and get his book at that time too!! But I got one of his and Stacy's older book, Dress Your Best. It's "the complete guide to finding the style that's right for your body." I'm stuck on my body type. My upper body definitely is bigger than my bottom body. However, I don't think my legs are that small. I'm stuck with Bigger on Top vs Curvy. Bigger on Top women have a huge chest with skinny legs; I don't think my legs are that skinny. My thighs and calves are huge. Curvy women have a bigger chest and big legs with smaller waist line. That sounds more like me but then again, I don't think my waist is that small. Not sure!! I know I have to find a XL or L shirt because of my chest but with pants/skirts, I can easily wear a M.

In addition to Clinton and Stacy's book, I got Carmindy's book - 5 Minute Face. I love her tips. Love what she wrote about Asian skin - "Asian women are the among the most naturally beautiful in the world. They usually have full lips (the kind the rest of us dream of) and skin that never seems to age. Asian complexions looks best when color is brought to the cheeks ans eyes are defined." Although I'm in my early 30s now, I still get people thinking I should be in my mid 20s at work and school. Feels great!!! Even some Asian friends who I haven't seen in decades tell me I haven't aged at all. Even though I'm not a huge makeup fan, putting it on to look natural yet lumunious is beautiful.

The other cast of What Not to Wear is Nick but all his books were out! With hair, I usually try to stay trendy anyways. Whether it's cuts or color. However, now I'm sticking strictly to cuts because I don't want to damage my hair anymore. But I would love for him to tell me what hairstyle/color would look best on me.

I want to make a complete transformation. With the workouts and looks, I want to look like I care. Can't wait for my professional career to take off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those sound like wonderful books to read! I love anything that helps me to improve myself.