Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hinduism

Over the past few years, I've been very curious about Hinduism. I didn't know much except that it's one of the main religions in India. As much as I love India, I didn't know much about the religion.

The last few weeks, I've been reading and researching about Hinduism. I don't understand and often get confused with the many different gods.

After visiting the Hindu temple again, I just had to learn more about Hinduism. It is a beautiful and peaceful religion.

Most Hmong people are Shamans. Many Hmong-Americans are now Christians because of the missionaries bringing a lot of Hmong families to the USA. Many Hmong people got clearance to come to the USA because they helped the USA in the "Secret War" during the Vietnam War.

I grew up as a South Baptist and have been going to church since I could remember. However, all that changed.

It was because of marriage. My hubby did grow up as a Christian too but overtime, his family just let it be. His mother still practices Buddhism. He just got confused and practice nothing.

But for me, I still have this inner-spirtual need for something. I'm still soul-searching. He doesn't mind that I do all this. He just ask if I don't involve him, which I can understand.

The more I learn about Hinduism, the more I gear towards that direction.

No comments: