Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani



I should blog about this on my Indian cinema blog but I'm going to do it here since it's my personal blog.

The more I learn about India, the more obsess I am about India. So many of my friends think I was Indian in my previous birth! Some think of me when there’s anything associated with India.

The sad part is I’ve never been to India. You would think??

I lack money. Yes! I surely do! I had children at a young age and they have been on my #1 list first. Over the years and with them growing older, I have had more time to myself. So within that time frame, I slowly am loving India more. It used to be all about Bollywood (Hindi films) but in the past 5 years, I’ve grown to love the other parts of India and learn about many, many other languages that are not in the limelight like Hindi.

From Kannada to Tamil to Bengali to Telugu, I've learn that India is full of richness of colors. The history and gorgeous landscapes and monuments in this country is just worth talking about. One day, I will see the country with my own eyes.

I used to want to go to the Taj Mahal because it's the most popular place to visit.

However, within the past few years, I want to look beyond that! I want to see the Hindu temples in the South. See the backwaters and waterfalls of Kerala. Many more!

I used to want to avoid anything rural in Asia, but not India! My parents took me to the USA when I was only 6-months-old so I am a spoiled American. Never did I want to live that rural livestyle!

But because of India, I see the beauty of the nature!

Right now, I am more than obsesess with India!

I am making myself learn the different states and capitals of India, along with learning the different saree style draping! Also am planning to play with mehndi!

Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani!

1 comment:

Cardamom Kisses said...

Lovely post :)

Maybe we were sisters in India in a previous lifetime? ;)