Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just copying and pasting from my Hmong blog

Wanted to share this with my readers here since I posted on my Hmong blog. I met an American lady online who lives in Bangkok, Thailand and travels to Nongkai to show the imprisoned Hmong people support there. She has given me permission to use her photos to share on my blogs. In the meantime, watch these videos.
I cried while watching these videos....

158 Hmong refugees in Nong Khai, Thailand are at risk of forced repatriation to Laos. They state on April 6, 2006, the Lao Army killed 26 of their relatives. After hiding for years in the jungle they fled Laos seeking asylum in Thailand.

The Government of Laos claims these people are "economic migrants" not refugees. The UNHCR determined the survivors are refugees and legitimate asylum seekers.

These UNHCR refugees have been held in a small jail cell since Nov 17, 2006. The refugees spend 22 hours a day in a dark windowless cell. 91 children are in jail, 11 were born in prison. The Government of Laos has abused some returnees as reported by Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International. President Obama made a campaign promise to help Hmong refugees in Thailand and Laos.



MSF has treated nearly 8,000 Laotian Hmong refugees in northern Thailand over the last four years. Now MSFs work in the Huai Nam Khao camp is threatened.



We, Hmong people, need to come together

Title: "Rau Peb Cov Hmoob"
Band: Noj Tuag Production
Rapper: Hmoob Tswb Entertainment
Composer: Both featured singers & rappers.

Names in order of song:
-Mong Cha
-Tony Vue
-Nyia Cha
-Paul Chue

1 comment:

Mz Lily said...

I meant to leave you a comment but didn't get a chance but yeah, I'm glad more people are being aware of this situation. I know it's tough to get things done esp when politics are involve but hopefully one day this will stop and I know it's happening to more than just Hmong people. Anyhow, can't believe Hmong people are being recognized more throughout the world esp because we don't have a country. But glad you do have the Hmong page with articles. ;) Keep it up.