Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blabbering

I'm super bored today. I stayed late last night to finish all the projects I had for work. I didn't want to ask for more work today, even though I'm bored cause I wouldn't be able to finish it cause I'll be gone to MN tomorrow!!

Why MN? It's my Aunt's 70th birthday party celebration along with her anniversary with Uncle. She is my mom's oldest sibling too. My mom is the youngest sibling in her family. MN is known as Hmongville since so many live there (WI is next, and look, they are neighbors, lol).

 


I actually have no immediate family in GA except for my parent and siblings. My dad's side are mostly in WI. I get to see them also this weekend since they will be joining us on Saturday for the party. I cannot wait to see everyone. It's been a while.

It'll just be my parents, my sister, and me leaving tomorrow. My parents decided to extend their stay for a week because a cousin's grandmother passed away and they want to attend the funeral. Unfortunately for my sister and me, we cannot stay.

My sis hasn't been to MN in two decades!! The last time I was there was 3 years ago for a wedding. I didn't get too see all the relatives either. This time, I hope to see them all, especially the ones traveling from WI.

I'm also meeting up with Bollywood fanatics like me and we plan to watch Chennai Express! Yah!!! I'm really digging the OST, especially Ready Steady Po. Bring the masala!




In GA, most of the kids have already started school. Most family and friends outside of GA were questioning why we start so early since they start after Labor Day. GA schools last day also is before Memorial Day and they get longer breaks off too.

The weather is gloomy and raining this week but I'm happy to know that MN will be sunny. I was debating whether or not to bring jeans but I think I am, just in case, lol.

I was worried about the Fitbit Challenge at work about not hitting my goal steps and I was right, I already started off bad this week by not meeting the regular 10,000 steps. I went to bed last night early and got 8 hours of sleep, lol. Honestly, I wasn't feeling that well either but I feel great now...

The fitbit has actually helped me in helping me get out of a plateau so I'm happy. I just have to step it up. Whether or not, I win the challenge, I'm not worried about anymore since I just plan to hit my own personal goals.

I have the Fitbit Flex. My friends and family who have the fitbit have a different kind. I've heard the Fitbit One more instead. What I don't like about the Flex is that I cannot see the actual steps I've made, just shows dots when reaching a certain number but it does buzz when I hit my goal that day.



Also, I thought it will sync in with my phone, I was mislead, lol. My phone is next to my laptop with the usb to sync, and I thought it was syncing but it wasn't. I have an older Samsung Galaxy. Oh well.

Enough of the blabbering, will be posting on Instagram, pics throughout my week. I'm excited. Follow me on Instagram - ApunBindaas

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicki,

Hi, my name is Toua Yang from Minneapolis, MN and I am a Multimedia designer/journalist.

I had stumble upon http://nickihawj.blogspot.com/ and thought it was great that your took so much time to gather those information. Than it seem to have stopped? I just wanted to thank you for your work and I hope I can see more from you.

Thanks,
Toua Yang

Please visit my site here.

Http://www.Plustoua.com

Nicki said...

I apologize. I am just now reading this. I just have so much stuff going on my life that I haven't thought about updating any blogs anymore.